Invest in Yourself with the SKY Schools Teacher Certification Program (TCP)
April 2022 - September 2022 (200 hrs)
SKY Schools Teacher Certification Program (TCP) is open to those interested in learning to implement the evidence-based SKY Schools Curriculum for transforming school climate.
SKY provides tools for successful, stress-free living for students, teachers, parents and administrators. School teachers are engaged, empowered and inspired to practice techniques of healthy living for themselves, so that they can share these transformative practices with youth to positively affect school climate and student performance. The course focuses on managing stress in healthy ways through breathing and social-emotional learning processes which uplift human values such as responsibility, commitment, respect, etc. Teacher Training participants will learn to deliver the full course content of the SKY Schools Curriculum [not including the SKY Breathing Technique].
The SKY Schools Teacher Certification Program (TCP) includes
curriculum training for Youth (K-12), Educator & Parent Programs
Form derived from https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/9fcb2f270fd042ba9c9c27bdfcd1831b
The dynamic intensive training is led by our team of experienced SKY Trainers with decades of teaching and practicing experience. Each one brings a wealth of experience from various backgrounds of education, counseling, non-profit, yoga for stress management, youth empowerment, diverse community engagement and more. However, collectively they share a passion for the upliftment and empowerment for young people to be the best version of themselves.
SKY TEACHER CERTIFICATION PROGRAM (TCP)
The SKY TCP training is a combination of online and in-person training starting April 16, 2022. Our renowned SKY Schools Faculty will mentor and evaluate you throughout the course.
The curriculum includes adopting a daily personal SKY Breathing practice and participating in a community of practice. You will be mentored and work in a cohort, practicing course delivery. Your performance will be evaluated on a monthly basis. The training will culminate at the SKY Schools Certification Retreat (4 days) held in Boone, North Carolina at the Art of Living Retreat Center.
The SKY Schools TCP year long certification is delivered from April 2022 to September 2022. Total time 200 hours.
Here is a summary of what will be included:
- SKY Schools Youth Programs (K-12) and SKY Breathwork & Wellness Course (for Educators & Parents) Teachers Training – SEL Curriculum and Neural-Restorative Practices (Breathwork, mindfulness, and stress relief tools)
- Online Curriculum Training Commitment: (80 hours – 10 hr of formal participation per month from April 2022 – September 2022)
- SKY Silence Retreat – Online (3 days in November 2021)
- SKY Effortless Meditation Course – Online (3 hrs/day for 3 days, Spring)
- SKY Schools Ambassador Training – Online (5 hours)
- Final SKY Schools Certification Retreat in Boone, NC (4 days in July 2022)
- Pay in Full: $5,500 before April 8, 2022
- Pay in Installments: $600/month for 6 months (April 2022-September 2022)
- Room, Board and Instruction are included in Boone, NC (4 days)
- Transportation to/from Boone, NC is not included.
- Special Pricing:
- SKY/YES for Schools Teachers – Repeater fee $1,750
- Art of Living Teachers – Repeater fee $1,750
- International Participants (Pricing to be determined)
Scholarships available upon request.
Deadline for scholarship request September 24, 2021
For schools that sponsor a staff member. SKY Schools courses conducted onsite are included at a discounted rate.
Angelica Jordan, Graduate of SKY Schools Teacher Certification Program 2021