Invest in Yourself with the SKY Schools Teacher Certification Program
SKY Schools Teacher Certification Program is open to those interested in learning to implement the evidence-based SKY Schools Curriculum for transforming school climate.
SKY provides tools for successful, stress-free living for students, teachers, parents and administrators. School teachers are engaged, empowered and inspired to practice techniques of healthy living for themselves, so that they can share these transformative practices with youth to positively affect school climate and student performance. The course focuses on managing stress in healthy ways through breathing and social-emotional learning processes which uplift human values such as responsibility, commitment, respect, etc. Teacher Training participants will learn to deliver the full course content of the SKY Schools Curriculum [not including the Advanced Breathing (SKY) technique].
This dynamic intensive training is led by our team of experienced SKY Trainers with decades of teaching and practicing experience. Each one brings a wealth of experience from various backgrounds of education, counseling, non-profit, yoga for stress management, youth empowerment, diverse community engagement and more. However, collectively they share a passion for the upliftment and empowerment for young people to be the best version of themselves.
Priya Mayureshwar, Rondi Sewelson, Chris Steer, Maddie Fontaine, Preeti Karthik, Maheshwari “Mahi” Gurukula
2020 SKY TEACHER CERTIFICATION PROGRAM (TCP)
The 2020-2021 training will begin in October 2020. It will be a combination of online and in-person training throughout the school year. Our renowned SKY Schools Faculty will mentor and evaluate you throughout the year.
The curriculum includes adopting a daily personal SKY Breathing practice and participating in a community of practice. You will be mentored and work in a cohort, practicing course delivery. Your performance will be evaluated on a monthly basis. The training will culminate in July 2021 at the SKY Schools Certification Retreat (4 days) held in Boone, North Carolina at the Art of Living Retreat Center.
The SKY Schools TCP year long certification is delivered from November 2020 to July 2021. Total time 208 hours.
Here is a summary of what will be included:
- SKY Schools Youth Programs (K-12) and Parent & Educator Course Teachers Training – SEL Curriculum and Neural-Restorative Practices (Breathwork, mindfulness, and stress relief tools)
- Online Curriculum Training Commitment: (80 hours – 10 hr of formal participation per month from November 2020 – June 2021)
- SKY Silence Retreat – Online (3 days in February 2021)
- SKY Meditation Course – Online (3 hrs/day for 3 days in July 2021)
- Final SKY Schools Certification Retreat in Boone, NC (4 days in July 2021)
- Pay in Full: $5,500 before October 3, 2020
- Pay in Installments: $600/month for 10 months
- Room, Board and Instruction are included in Boone, NC (4 days)
- Transportation to/from Boone, NC is not included.
- Special Pricing:
- SKY/YES for Schools Teachers – Repeater fee $1,750
- Art of Living Teachers – Repeater fee $1,750
- International Participants (Pricing to be determined)
Scholarships available upon request.
For schools that sponsor a staff member. SKY Schools courses conducted onsite are included at a discounted rate.